1. The ability to spend one hour per day for practice during the weekdays for classroom participation.
2. Workspace - a quiet, comfortable area that is not too bright or too dark. Try to avoid rooms with moving objects such as pendulum clocks, fans, bright loud patterns on the walls. A plain, comfortable chair, a tan or white small table preferably against a tan or white wall.
3. Ability to sit in the same place for an extended period of time, up to one hour per session.
4. An Internet connection, preferably high speed.
5. Regular access to a computer during class times.
6. Lots of plain white inexpensive copy paper, two reams of paper will be adequate to start.
7. Black ink pens, preferably a smooth writing pen that does not leave gaps while writing such as a Rolling Writer by Pentel, Item #R100PC12A. These pens are available at most office supply stores. Later, we have plans for an online store to help you with supplies and we hope to be able to make these available to you in our future online store.
8. Later you may also want to consider the purchase of an inexpensive small filing cabinet to store and organize your work.
All graduates must have completed the course with a grade of 90% or higher. We do not use a sliding scale, the course is based on mastery of the skill. Rigor and excellence will be of primary focus. Basic supplies consist of black ink pens, a few reams of paper and, in some cases, a video camera and small accordion file or file cabinet.